Releveling a doublewide

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

cmanningjr

After many months of reading on here and I decided to take on the task of releveling my doublewide... Didn't get much done today other than making a water level. (That thing is awesome) Seeing what was high/low and picking up supplies..I did get 3 or 4 piers done before dark and the critters come out...Only had to raise one 1/2" so far... Checking and rechecking as I go... Mostly just rotten wood on top of the piers..

After that gets done I need to patch a couple of places in the underbelly before it gets cold..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

Glad you are having "fun". As I have always said it is not a hard job, just time consuming.

Did you plot all of the piers first with the elevations? I find that it makes it easier to do it that way so you can see on paper what needs more or less.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
cmanningjr

Yep, I remembered reading where you recommended that..Also took the advice of the plastic pan to keep everything in.. helped a LOT..

I'm done, I'm pooped...
yakima4$

Those piers should have a solid 2x6 wood cap on top of them. Then wedges driven in from opposite sides.
If cap is not installed, weight is not evenly distributed which can result in failure of the block.
cmanningjr

They do now.. The picture is one that was rotted out..