Plumbing vs. underbelly

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

its a ritz-craft

They look factory to me. The home is less than ten years old - maybe it's a code thing.

I've been doing some reading at the site and found out that HUD requires no fittings be hidden/inaccessible, only straight runs allowed beneath the floor. This is what I have. It's 3/4" from the water heater out but at least one of the lines coming up/returning through the floor (the laundry sink, which I completely forgot about and did not include on my sketch) is 3/4" with a 1/2" line continuing. I also just discovered an access panel behind the clothes washer.

My plan was to just push the new section through from the water heater to the kitchen but I also learned that the pipe is to be supported every 32" with a clamp/clip. It's a bit discouraging to think of cutting the plastic so often to get the pipe run. Is this normally done on a retrofit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

I doubt many home owners would worry too much about supports every 32", contractors on the other hand should do work to code.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."