Anyone got one of these?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dedou

Well, we're saving up for one of these, as the company just got it's EPA certification and
is UL listed as well. It's a pricey stove, but weighs only between 55 and 65lbs., has an oven attachment that can be added easily to the top, and has two different capacity attachments that produce electricity. It is certified for clearance of 6" from the wall and is portable if wanted. The price is hefty at 3500, but the weight considerations, it's ability to even burn driftwood and it's ability to produce electricity and bake with the other attachment components make it pretty tempting. The top gets up to about 1200 degrees, so you use it as a cooktop (I'd love to get rid of my gas stove).

Here's the link to the stove (there's videos of it in testing and in action on YouTube as well) where the stove's inventor is interviewed by a friend to answer questions: http://youtu.be/tHfwv0WcSjA

It's all pretty interesting, and the guy and his wife know what it's like to be um,, poor! :(
He's real low budget and the video is dorky in spots, but if you can stay through to the end, there's some really cool facts! I'm wondering if anyone else has saved up ahead of us and is using one of these?
Devon
dedou

Apparently not~ :lol: Well, when we ever get the money saved, I'll be sure to post photos and let you all know how it does. Yes, it's terribly expensive, but you can burn just about anything and get complete burn, so that's a big money-saver consideration. Propane and Kero are what we burn right now, and the prices are going UP. This stove uses compressed sawdust, like the pellet stove pellets, only much bigger. Also, the light weight is a biggie for us, given our lengthwise joists and the sagging floors on the long sides due to little being there to add support to! I'll let you all know...
Devon
shaggylive

hmmm, got a new item to put on Christmas list. :mrgreen:
maybe I'll delay kitchen counter's in hopes of re-designing a kitchen around it. stupid gas furnace is kinda in the way by the kitchen anyway.

don't buy into natural gas is green b.s. unless u think radon is green.
Everything I know about home repair I learned from Mike Holmes, but he never worked on a mobile...