reputable A/C filter suppliers

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Lorne

Wondering if anyone can suggest an online vendor for A/C filters 20x25x5 for a Goodman Packaged Unit?
I see many vendors, but some are more reliable then others.

The A/C service man said his company charges $90 for one and online they are around $45 for 2 incl shipping. Who ever said there was no money in A/C servicing? :shock: :roll:
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
flcruising

How does a filter of that thickness install, and where?
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Lorne

flcruising wrote:How does a filter of that thickness install, and where?
Outside there is a tin enclosure (plenum) between the house and the A/C unit. You open it up and the filter slides in.https://www.acwholesalers.com/v/vspfile ... ctions.pdf
page 4 shows the unit with plenum.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
flcruising

Have you tried stacking 5 of the standard 1" filters?
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
jpingram5

I usually get mine and ones for some of my customers from Amazon.com. I found deals for 2 packs of filters for $40 and under shipped. Never had any issues with them and Amazon.com is really good about returning products or dealing with problems.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
Lorne

jpingram5 wrote:I usually get mine and ones for some of my customers from Amazon.com. I found deals for 2 packs of filters for $40 and under shipped. Never had any issues with them and Amazon.com is really good about returning products or dealing with problems.
Yes, I found them at Amazon for $21 and Lowes for $25. Thanks.
Lorne

Lorne wrote:
jpingram5 wrote:I usually get mine and ones for some of my customers from Amazon.com. I found deals for 2 packs of filters for $40 and under shipped. Never had any issues with them and Amazon.com is really good about returning products or dealing with problems.
Yes, I found them at Amazon for $21 and Lowes for $25. Thanks.
Got my 2 filters today from Amazon. Great.
I make sure though that when shopping on Amazon I make sure they say "sold by and shipped By Amazon" and no some strange out let. Just my preference.