Bathroom Vent - Filter???

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dd716ted

I know it sounds strange but when the bathroom exhaust vents are off and the heating/cooling system is on (with Blend Air on), apparently the air intake requirement for the heating / cooling furnace exceeds that of what is available in the house and outside air is drawn in trough both of the vathroom vents (flapper valves in exhaust vents are useless). This could explain the excessive dust problem we have been searchiong for in our house since buying it new... Has anyone seen a filter for these bathroom exhaust vents or experienced this problem before?
jpingram5

That sounds pretty wacky. I know on newer ones the usually have a fresh air vent in with the HVAC indoor unit. Mine, if you take the door off you can see an opening in the upper cornor that leads into a flex duct that goes up to the roof and pulls fresh air in. You can buy universal air filter material at lowes or home depo. Maybe even a local hardware store. It's pretty much just cut to fit stuff and can be washed out to be cleaned and reused.

And you have excessive dust too? We bought ours about 2 years ago and we get excessive dust too. I can't figure it out but it's driving me nuts. I use air cleaners throughout the house but they only do so much.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80