nordyne unit

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

hiltontech

hello, i have a nordyne electtric furnace model FEHB-015HA i had a cp02 control failure, i ordered a new control fron Aspen Manufacturing and the heat/cool rocker switch is no longer avalible so i have a four wire control instead of the two wire. i placed the the conections as directed and the new digital t-stat will only engage heat in its Gas-Oil setting (t-stat). also the condensing unit and the indoor fan will not engage at all.i feel i have missed somthing and i do not want to short the heat banks.can you please help i have spent some time tracing and and i am lost. thank you
Robert

What t-stat did you get ?

How many wires connect to the t-stat ?

Is your a/c a heat pump or straight a/c only ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
hiltontech

The t-stat is a TH5110D Honeywell,the stat has the following connections: rc/r/y/c/w/g on the stat it self. i only have four wires from the cp2 control which are the following colors white/red/yellow/green. per the Aspen control diagram it is a striaght conection yellow to yellow,red to red,white to white,green to green to the t-stat.This is a striaght a/c no heat pump so i connected it as advised when i connected the condensing unit i went one wire to yellow and one to common at t-stat.However this failed and did not engage cooling.
Knowing i have 1 stage cool and a 1 stage heat per the t-stat diagram with a one transformer and then the new control has a transformer as well so i have not tried the two transformer option due to the heat side wiring because at this point i do not have a cool relay or a heat realy.I do have the Aspen control has a Fan Relay only.

i hope this helps you to help me i am very greatfull of your time here.
Robert

Ok, the control you are referring to is the control box, correct ? They did not have a 2 wire control box with the two switches on front, so they sold you a 4 wire control box ???

Is this correct ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
hiltontech

this is all correct. Before, the old control which was a two wire with a rocker swtch (heat/cool) but this failed and the new control is a four wire and in the control box is a 240prim to a 24 sec transformer and a blower switch.Thanks Robert.
Robert

Ok, does the heat and blower come on as it should when you have t-stat set for heating ?

Some t-stats have to be set to Gas/Oil for an electric furnace to work depending on components available.

IF heat works fine, then a/c will be soon as well if it is what I see wrong at this point.

Just need to know if the a/c problem is the only thing wrong at this point ?

Thanks,
Robert
hiltontech

Yes Sir the heat works great no problems. Its just the a/c that is not cooperating.
Robert

Disconnect the wire from the t-stat ~ C ~ and run it over to the load side of transformer and connect it to the common terminal.

Then either run a wire from same common terminal on transformer to the ~ C ~ on t-stat OR make sure you keep batteries in t-stat.

Thanks,
Robert