Wood stove= freezing water pipes?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

motodeficient

We just bought a 2004 double wide this spring. We live in Maine and I like wood heat, so we had a woodstove professionally installed. My plan is to heat exclusively with heat, with a furnace obviously as a backup in case we are not home to keep the fire stoked. I have been reading here though that the water lines follow the furnace heating ducts to keep from freezing. How much of a problem am I going to have with this? The double wide has a pretty open floor plan but the woodstove is at one end of the house in large dining room/kitchen area. It does have a blower and blows heat down towards the other end of the house. Would I be ok just kicking the furnace on for a cycle or two on very cold nights?

I have crawled all under the house making sure there are no holes in the underbelly anywhere.
Robert

Hard to say, but in Maine winter temps, I wouldn't chance it. You could get a t-stat that cycles blower on ever so often to help circulate the warm air through the ducts.

We sell one type that does this.

You would have to keep inspecting underbelly and skirting and keep them both sealed. You could also insulate the back side of skirting.

Install a thermometer under home with led temp disply in home to know if temp under home is getting close to freeze temps.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?