Furnace replacement

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Greg S

I need general info on Mobile Home furnace specifications.

Long story short there is widow friend in my park that as of yesterday no longer has a furnace. Winter is closing in and it must be replaced. She has no money so I am assisting.
She owns a 1978 12' X 65' Northlander.
We are in Eastern Ontario located 30 miles north of lake Ontario.

I am looking for a used oil furnace and although there seem to be plenty available (5-10 yrs old) I have no idea what I need.
Is a mobile home furnace different in construction (in/out ducting) than a regular home furnace. What BTU range am I looking for as far as size/capacity.
Efficiency wise compared to what she had anything is an improvement so not an issue at this point.
Unfortunately I can not find any info on the existing furnace.

I want to stay with oil as it will be the easiest for me to install myself. I have more than enough ability to do the job unfortunately money is the bottom line.
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Robert

Hi,

BTU will be same as what is nthere now if no changes have been made to the home. Any you find will not be cheap unless used, and then it may not be safe.

I would try to find an hvac contractor and some orginizations that would be willing to donate time and labor to help in this case.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?