AC/Heat Ducts

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Does the duct work in a 14x70 normally run the entire length of the MH? If so, would it be advantageous to go underneath, cut out and seal the excess duct at each end? It seems like I read somewhere that this may help push more air out.

I have seven MH's that I rent out in South GA and it gets HOT down here ! My park has no trees for any type of shade. Other than what I have already mentioned, is there any thing else I can do to ensure my units are cooling as good as possible or any tips I can give to my tenants? All my homes are either shingle roof or metal w/ Kool seal applied.

All the MH's are Fleetwood and are year model 92 - 97.

Thanks,

Dave
Robert

Hi Dave,

I don't believe it would help enough, if at all to justify the trouble of doing it.

They run close to entire length, but that in itself won't really inhibit the airflow from coming out of the registers.

Make sure the ducts are sealed good with no openings by looking down in each register using a light and mirror. Shine light toward next register and go to it and hold mirror down in duct looking back at light.

Go to top toolbar HVAC link and then go to our Articles section.

The articles on cleaning a/c, blower, blower wheel and a-coil are very good articles for keeping units running good.

Seal up the skirting and belly tight.

Change/clean the filters every 30 days.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?

Robert, Thanks for your response and the good advise.

Have a good one.

Dave