new upflow furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

lbair1

I am putting my home on a basement and will purchase a new furnace to put down there. Want to use a mobile home furnace so I don't have to change any ductwork. So, I need an upflow furnace. Any suggestions on where to find?
hvac1000

If you plan on putting the new furnace in the basement under your house you will probably have some sort of duct work to do. All brands of furnaces are about equal on quality. The big difference comes to play with the installing contractor. New equipment takes special meters and tool to set them up properly. I would pick a contractor who has experience with the type of furnace you will get.

What I am trying to say is you cannot and should not buy a furnace and slap it in. It needs to be properly adjusted for your duct system.

With that said I would also recommend replacing the duct work because a mobile home duct is really to restrictive to do a proper job of heating and cooling and you will need a return air cut into the floor to the basement and a new return air duct installed.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi Linda,

I thought I had sent you that info, I apoligize if I haven't. I'll look for it and send it asap.

You would need a return air grille and duct installed as HVAC said.

What we had discussed previously would be for going with a MH approved unit and keeping existing ductwork.

If you replaced the ductwork, you could go with a conventional home furnace.

We only sell units to licensed contractors, but can give you price info as an example.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?