Goodman PCK 036 10 seer

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Lorne

Our system is operating fine, but since there was no manual included when we bought the house I was wondering;

There are 2 PVC pipes coming out of the side of the unit.

They both are in a P trap configuration.
One has water in it when the A/C is running, but the other has nothing coming out and there is dirt inside when I stick my finger in the pipe.

Since one is the condenser flow tube what could the other one be for?

This is the outdoor Heating/cooling combination style with 2 ducts entering under the house.

Any ideas?
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Robert

Hi,

Could be a secondary drainline. What is brand and model number ?

Have you removed a side panel to see where it goes ?

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Lorne

The subject line was the Model and Number,
Goodman #PCK 036-1F

Good idea to pull the panels. I enjoy taking things apart as long as I remember to put ALL the parts back.
Thanks.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Robert

Hi,

Ok, I was in a rush and didn't notice it in subject line. remove a side panel and see where they go.

One will be drainline and other could be secondary line. It depends on unit and type.

Don't have any Goodman info with me, but can check if you don't see where it goes.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Lorne

The mystery drain was from the pan on the bottom under the condenser fan.
Looking from the top, down through the grill ,you can see packed leaves on the bottom, covering the drain opening. Since it has been drought conditions for so long here in SC water never collected in the pan.

This unit works so well that it even cools the enclosed porch too. We use 2 box fans to blow the air out to the porch and help the overall circulation.

Thanks for the help.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome. Figured it was something of that nature.

Yep, we've been in drought here in TN also and I'm from SC (upstate), so know that area and Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach real well.

Thanks for update.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert