Intertherm feh 015/017 blower not starting

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mikeg

I've got an old intertherm feh 015/017 furnace with a blower that does not seem to start. If I use the manual / auto switch the blower blows fine with it in manual. Cold air though. The furnace feels warm. I started by using my volt meter to check voltage at fuses, then transformer, then elements, then everywhere else I could check. There is voltage everywhere except at two points on the sequencer. The two spots on the sequencer are the top two connections one on the right and one on the left. From what I've read it seems to be a two stage four pole sequencer. Should there be voltage at those points when calling for heat? And by calling for heat I assume this means thermo kicked up. Also if the elements are bad will there still be voltage going to them? I am not familiar with furnaces at all. My guess is that I have a bad sequencer. If you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Also if you have the part/s that I need that would be even better.

PS My wife thinks she is freezing so I thought I'd thow in an extra please.
Robert

Hi,

When testing WITH a call for heat, IF sequencer is working, you will NOT read voltage across those terminals.

So, by what you said, that one is the only one not working.

To verify, look at far left end of each element coil for a terminal on a white ceramic insulator.

Test from there to a good metal ground for 120vac with a call for heat after a1 to 2 minute wait.

You should read 120vac at all but one, by what you said.

The one not working is also the auto control for the blower, so reason for no blower and lower temps.

It most likely is M1 and M2 terminals.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?