Blower motor not kicking on?

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jjm1364

Morning I am having a promlem with my a/c unit. It's a Miller model # Q3rd-0364/ Serial # Q3f06030158 When I turn it on compressor turns on but no blower. I have tested the capacitor and it is ok. I can manually start the compressor when I depress the contactor in but when I release it compressor also shuts down. How can I test if blower motor is getting power? Motor spins freely. It is a g.e 1/2 hp motor. I belive it has about 4 to 6 wires coming from it. I just dont know what to test ? Or is there another problem to check/ Any help would be great . Thanks John :?
Robert

Hi John,

Is this the blower motor or the condenser fan motor ?

To test for power, you test for voltage at the wiring connections to motor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jjm1364

Thanks Robert, Its the blower motor but as I posted it has about 4 to 6 wires what cloors do I test and what voltage should I get? I thank you for your help. John
jjm1364

Hey Robert, I found the speccs and blower motor has orange in t1 red in t2 going to blower relayground as green/yellow neutraul as red and line as white. What volyage should I get at the blower relay and what voltage at the blower motor. Thanks again John
Robert

Hi,

Follow white and blue wires to molex connector where they correspond to white and red wires. Disconnect the molex connector and with a call for cooling, see if you get 240vac across the white and red wires on that side.

If so, reconnect and test the white and blue side side for same.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?