Frigidaire outside unit fan not coming on...HELP

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sunshine278

Model..FT3BC-042K
The unit is a Intertherm..... The inside unit comes on fine but the outside hums....I looked outside this morning and the fan is not coming on...so I turned the thermostat off!!! Could someone please tell me who I can contact or what it could be?? And possible how much money I may be looking at to fix?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Hi,

Don't have any info on local hvac contractors. Cost would depend on problem and competitive charge rates for your area.

Can you go outside and tell if the compressor is running without the fan or is nothing at all running.

Could be a bad fan motor, run capacitor, contactor or just a wiring problem (dog, cat, squirrel,mouse, etc. chewed wire into) .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sunshine278

When the weather warmed up a bit, it ran fine! I could hear the compressor running...just had it replaced last year! It sounds almost like a vibrating noise now when the fan its running though.
Robert

Hi,

Could be the motor going bad, a loose mounting bracket, etc.. .

I would go ahead and get someone out to look at it before it gets cold again.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?