Intertherm MGH055ABWN06

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Marie

I had someone come out a check my furnace today due to it not working. They said the Gas valve was bad and it is no longer made. The told me I need a whole new furnace due to lack of finding a valve. Do you carry the valve needed for this make and model.

Rachel

Since it has to due with the gas valve. My guess is I cant do it myself...right? Money is super tight right now and I am just trying to keep my family afloat. Can you give me a rough estimate on how much it would cost to have someone come in and do it for me?
Robert

Hi Marie,

Gas Valve # 624583 @ $295.00 + $8.00 shipping can be seen and ordered through

PayPal from left side of this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneGas.html

Yes, you would need an hvac tech or someone experienced in this type replacement.

Costs can vary widely from area to area due to cost of living there, overhead at contractor, ease of replacement, etc... .

I would say labor would be anywhere from $100 to $200, so all together, this is a pricey repair.

Be sure the gas valve is bad though, what did they do to determine it was bad ?

Check for 24vac at gas valve terminals with a call for heat.

IF you have 24 to 28vac at that time, then check for correct input and manifold gas pressures.

Gas valve is bad only when the 24vac is there and correct input pressure is there, but the manifold pressure is not there at all or is not correct.

Hope this helps some.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi Rachel,

Sorry about name mix-up, didn't see your name in middle of post. Just went by email addy of Marie.

Thanks,
Robert
www.mobilehomerepair.com
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?