Intertherm FEH-015HAQ-03 Blower "Clicks"

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

joecmoore

Hi,

I have an 1987 Intertherm Furnace / AC.

In the night sometime the blower quit blowing. The blower switch was on Auto. All I'm getting is a clicking sound. I switched over to ON and the sound stoped, but nothing else happend... No blower.

I installed a new blower motor and capacitor last winter. Could the capacitor be bad already? I don't own a volt meter so I have no way of checking.

Ideas?
Robert

IF the blower motor is not working in auto or on, need to have transformer voltages checked first.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
joecmoore

I had the run capacitor checked and it was open. I replaced it and the blower is working now. Do I still need to check the transformer voltages?

JCM
Robert

No, if it is working all is good. When it doesn't work in any mode, checking transformer first will often point in the right direction.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?