Central Electric Furnace EB17A

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dulinaa

Great website! Just bought a 1994 Crimson two weeks ago, I just noticed on a cold snap here in Jax,FL that my heat will not come on in the Auto mode but works if I manual turn the fan on at the thermo. A/C side works like its supposed to in Auto. If i need heat, i have to go to the thermo and turn it on, and back off. I check the thermostat for any possible problems, but all looks good. Pulled cover off unit and nothing obvious. the wire diagram for the unit shows this has a four speed blower motor and only uses two. High speed for cooling, and med-lo for heating. I don't know if the heating element is energized with heat in auto mode. I am hoping for any thoughts and possible remedies before I grab my DVOM and tear into it.
Thanx
A.J.
Robert

Hi AJ,

Sorry for delay. Cooling mode auto and fan on and heat mode fan on all use high speed through fan relay.

Heat-auto uses sequencer for controlling blower motor.

Probably a bad sequencer # 3115-3571 on right side here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?