intertherm furnance not shutting down

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

turkee56

i have a intertherm furnace model feh-017h. the problem here is it keeps blowing fuses or are burnt.the furnace keeps running and won't shut down using the thermostat. a repair guy came over and said it is the sequencers .this model has two on a metal plate.
i don't have manual and i don't know which ones to buy. i called a furnace parts and said , need part number off of sequencers. this a 1981 furnance and my stepson doesn't want to buy a new furnace.
another forum says its the heat kit that causes to blow fuses.any help on this and does anyone have a part number for the sequencers or do you think its the heat kit.
thanks.
Robert

Hi,

Could be just the sequencer or could be both. Would have to test voltages and amp draw to know for sure.

Sequencer most likely keeping it running. That fault or a bad disconnect assembly could be causing fuses to blow.

Sequencer # 901075

Disconnect Assembly # 621029

Either or both can be seen and ordered through PayPal from

this page here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

A reputable hvac tech could diagnose and tell you for sure.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
brandn

Model# FEH-010H..... When u turn the breaker off and turn the furnace on auto mode it will not turn back on, but if it the furnace on mode and turn the breaker on it comes on.....
Robert

Hi,

Please start a new thread with your question to keep confusion down,

Then come back here and delete the post here.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?