Miller Furnance M3RL080A BW

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rtl

I have the above listed furnance in my home. The problem is that the inducer fan motor limit switch keeps triping. I have had two service tecs look at the furnance and they still can't get it working right. My question is on the inducer motor does the limit switch have a manual reset button and what is the limit switch suppose to be rated at. I think mine has been changes by a serviceman and I want to make sure he put the right one back in. It has a reset button and is rated for 230 degrees.
Rod

Check the restrictor plate/orifice behind the inducer motor. Should be the size of a silver dollar with a hole in the middle the size of a quarter. (apprx) Nordyne has been having problems with these melting. If this is the case your switch will probably trip. The Nordyne part # for the switch is 626499 & the inducer orifice is 155315R. You should be able to order through this site. Hope this helps.

Rod
Robert

Hi,

Yes, it has manual reset button and is rated at L145 .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?