Furnace running all the time

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

CaidensMommy2008

Okay we bought our mobile home from my aunt 2 1/2 years ago. It's a 1995 Fairmont. The paperwork says it has a Coleman EB15B furnace in it but she said they replaced the furnace 4 1/2 years ago. I cannot find a name on the furnace. Anyways, it runs CONSTANTLY! We replaced the sequencer (our neighbor is a heating and cooling guy) and the thermostat on Dec 15th. Well the other day it started running constantley, we have to lower the little lever on the thermostat to a lower temp to get it to kick off. Right now the furnace is one 72 and the thermostat thermometer thing says it's like 80 and the furnace is still running, blowing hot air. I don't know what else to do. We've had our neighbor here three times, he said it was the breakers inside the breaker box so we bought new ones and put them in and it still isn't working right. What else could it be? We also tried another new thermostat and it still does NOT work correctly. I'm going nuts! I can't keep getting up thru the night and kicking the furnace on and off, I have a 5 mo old baby! PLEASE HELP!
Robert

Hi,

How many wires are attached to thermostat and do you have a/c as well as heat ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
CaidensMommy2008

Sorry I missed your reply, I have NO idea! I went to Lowes and bought a digital thermostat and hubby hooked it up and leveled it and everything and it works! Thank goodness!:) Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

That's great, glad all is well again. You're very welcome.

BTW, y'all have a beautiful son, my wife and I loved the Christmas picture.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?