Intertherm Ultraflex FEH-017HA Concerns!!

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Thump

The unit in my MH is an FEH-017HA. I recently replaced the thermostat, from the old spring to a programmable.
When it started getting colder i turned it up to 72 a few times without problems. One day I noticed it getting warm and checked the stat, it was on 75. I flipped the breaker off and on within 10 secs. but the blower came back on, left it off for 5 mins., flipped it back on and it stayed off. Tried it a few more times with the same results. Today turn it up to 72 and it cuts off fine. When I was writing the SN down I noticed a low humming coming from the housing and was wondering if you could help in diagnosing the problem with the cutoff and the humming.
I have read through the forums and think I've got an idea of what it may be, but need your input.
Robert

Are you saying the blower continues to run longer than it should ?

From what I understand you are saying, could be sequencer and/or transformer, possibly both.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Thump

Thanks for ya time Rob, well the fan starts to cut off and does for 1 sec., then kicks on again, sometimes for 5 more secs. and sometimes for 2 to 5 mins.
Heres something new that just happened tonight, thermo. clicks, heat comes on, within 2 secs. I heard something fry for a couple of secs., then could smell plastic burning, turned it off at the breaker. Looking where the switches are I find that a mouse has ran across the two large fuses and grounded out, at the same time frying a switch, it was still glowing when I looked at it.
After I remove the culprit, I turned the heat back at the breaker. Heat comes on instantly (blower w/ heat). I didn't have any control at the thermo., the only way to cut it off was at the breaker. The switch was actually two on a small 2x3 inch piece of sheet metal. Gonna try to find it tom. I'll keep ya posted on the outcome.
Robert

Most likely your sequencer.

Sequencer # 901075 found on right side of page here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Click on pic for enlarged view.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Thump

Yea thats the one. Lucky I know how to read a wiring diagram, or I would have had to call someone too hook it back up. Thanks for time and help, I know where to come for help now
Thump
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert