Intertherm FEH015 HA Up in smoke!

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Rich in WA

I have a typical 14X66 manfctd home , about '83 I believe.

Electric furnance (53000 btu, 65.5 amps) went belly up with the elect cables serving the elements actually burning up. Also the transformer-looking piece on the front burned up too.

Elements actually look OK and no sign of arcing etc.

Do you think its better to just get a whole new insert including the strips etc. (the fans OK I think)
or
put in a new furnace and scrap the whole thing.....I do want it to work for another 20 yrs even if I don't!!

Any advice?

Rich
Greg

Rich, I'm no expert but if it is 20 yrs old now and you have to do a rebuild I would check into a new unit. When you factor in the efficency of a new one it will most likely be cheaper in the long run. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Hi Rich,

If affordable, replace the furnace with a new one. Just not cost efficient to spend the $$$$$$ to repair and make do on that old of furnace and doubtful you would get 20 more years without more repairs.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?