Blower won't come on

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Pam-Oh

Good Morning, I have a Miller furnace in my Mobile Home. The blower won't come on. It goes through all of the cycles though. The Model number is... M1MA070AAW. I checked the signal box. The red light is the only one that is on and it is steady. And from what I understand, that means everything is supposed to be ok? Thank you for your help. Pam
Robert

Hi Pam,

There is a Yellow light next to Red one. If it is not on at all, it means "no flame signal" .

Is your burner igniting with a good solid blue flame ?

Either the burner is not igniting or there is an electrical fault with the flame sensor possibly.

because the blower should come on IF burner has ignited, this would be reason it isn't.

Either burner flame is not there or it is not being sensed, either way, the blower does not come on.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Pam-Oh

Good Morning Robert, there is no yellow light next to the red one. I did like it said to do. I turned off the electric to the furnace, turned the gas valve (pilot light valve I guess it would be called) to the right, left it alone for 10 minutes, turned it back to the left, turned the electric back on to the furnace, then tried the furnace again. The pilot light did not light. I looked and can't see any type of flame at all. That is all I know to tell you. Thank You very much Robert. Pam
Robert

Hi Pam,

Are you saying the yellow light isn't lit or there is not a yellow bulb ?

You should have a red and yellow bulb beside each other or above/below each other.

Your furnace does not have a pilot light, it has an automatic ignitor.

When you set t-stat for a call for heat, does the small booster motor midway of furnace start up and run within 2-3 seconds of call for heat ?

Set t-stat to call for heat and wait 2 minutes and see if you get a burner flame.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Pam-Oh

Hi Robert, the yellow bulb isn't lit up. There is no flame when I set the thermostat for heat. I am not sure what you are talking about the small booster motor midway of furnace start up and run within 2-3 seconds of call for heat. But I do hear what sounds like a motor running right after I set the thermostat. So that must be it. Thank you, Pam
Robert

Hi Pam,

Remove front door panel (upper), at midway shelf, on right side is a big black canister with metal round pipe coming into top of it.

That is booster motor, is it running ?

To left of it is small black disc mounted outward to furnace facing with two small wires connected and two small silicone tubes.

IF the booster is running with no weird or loud sounds, turn off and check those two silicone tubes .

Make sure they are connected tight and clear with no blockages or tears.

With no burner flame present, your board diagnostic light should be blinking a certain number of times indicating fault.

With that not happening, you may need a Tech to test sequences to find fault and not buy something not needed.

If you have a meter to test voltages, you can place meter leads across the two wire connections at small disc and test for 120vac.

If booster motor is doing its thing, then the pressure switch (disc) should close.

You should be getting reading and when it closes, get a 0vac reading.

It may be a faulty pressure switch if contacts never close and you keep getting reading.

Thanks,
Robert
Pam-Oh

Hi Robert, I want to thank you for your help. I had my brother in law come and look at my furnace. It was the igniter. He is going to replace it tomorrow. Again, thank you. Pam
Robert

Hi Pam,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert