Natural Gas Furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jpingram5

Are you having condensate build up in the inducer?
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
mark185

between the last two cleanings I posted, "I did", (and one other time in late fall 2nd year I owned the house, before all this happened, I was checking the furnace for winter and I had lots of water in inducer, that's when I learned to check the drain to see if it needed it be cleaned) pulled the plug. drained it, sucked it out with shop vac, it might of been a bottle cap full (I could hear it hitting the fan) that drained out, since the last cleaning this furnace is operating very well,
jpingram5

I have not yet gotten to see one of these 90+ gas furnaces yet and was just wondering if it had a drain line off the top of the inducer where the exhaust meets inducer joint. Most furnaces I've installed in traditional homes have a "condensate collector joint" there that it collects excess condensate and drains it down to the "collector box" so this way no condensate enters the inducer. I have been using a brand lately called "Air Temp" which is manufactured by Nordyne who makes a lot in the manufactured industry and their gas furnaces were not coming with the line hooked up nor did they provide the tubing to do so. Why? I have no clue! After installing my first one I never thought to look, next thing customer was calling that it was shutting down and gurgling. Sure enough after starring at it long enough I realized that was the issue. Inducer was loaded with condensate.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
mark185

yes it does, just as you described, a collector joint between inducer and exhaust with short tube running to the top of collector box,