Sequencer wiring

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

aamirghanchi

Hi,

I am trying to replace the sequencer on Nordyne E2B-023HA electric furnace. But the new sequencer (01-0843) is a bit different when it comes to the M4 conection. ON the original sequencer M4 point/blade was such that one of the black wire coming from the breaker and the other black wire coming from the transformer were able to connect to it as seen in this picture.

[img]nordyne%20sequencer.jpg[/img]

But in the new sequencer there is place to connect only one wire at a time at the M4 point. For now I have connected both the black wires on to this single blade by using a paper clip and heating the house, but for the long term fix where should I connect both the wires at some decent places. I still see some of the blades empty. probably one of the wire goes to one of these empty blades/points.

All advices are appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaleM

Both wires have to go on M4, don't worry about the empty terminals, your furnace doesn't facilitate them. Many sequencers available now will fit a variety of furnaces and not all have the same terminal useage or wiring.

Radio Shack will carry a piggyback spade terminal. It clips on the spade and will allow for addition wires to be plugged onto it. Pretty much doing what you did with the paper clip.
aamirghanchi

Thanks Dale! I was not sure if such a thing "piggyback terminal" exists. I looked up all over the web. Thanks again. I will check at Radioshack.
aamirghanchi

No luck. Not in Radioshack or any of the retail auto stores. I finally bind the two terminals together with a wire and inserted one of them to the the M4 blade. This was my long term solutions for it.
aamirghanchi

Everything was working last time, but now when I clipped the wires togetehr at M2 and tucked everything in and put back the covering, heating is not running at all either at Tstat set to Auto or Fan ON. Even the fan is not running. I am sure I didn't disconnect anything. All the wires are in their place. What could be wrong.

I see the power from the breaker (through M2) going into the Transformer (I read 120 V), but no 24vAC power coming out from the otherside of the transformer. I am not good at checking circuits, but I hope I am doing it the right way. The red probe is on the Terminal at 24 VAC side of the transformer and the black probe is touching the metal frame of the furnace housing. I have analog multimeter and I have set it at 50 vAC. Still the needle wont budge. Am I doing it correctly.

Thanks.
aamirghanchi

It was the 3 Amp fuse. Duh!