Nordyne C3qa-036U-B

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

christine j

I am trying to help my Mom out with her air conditioner. She says that is not cooling correctly and that the water line is backing up into the house and not draining properly outside. I am assuming she has a clog somewhere. I guess I need to know where and how to try to clean this and anything else I should try to do to get this working correctly before a bigger problem occurs. I couldn't find any diagrams or information online. I am not really mechanically inclined but not a total dummy either . She doesn't have the extra money to call someone out right now. I'd appreciate any help you could give us!
cnyguy

christine j:
this is the same evaporator coil i have in my house. if you take off the furnace door, you will see in the lower left corner a drain hose going down thru the floor. if u loosen the hose clamp, and remove the hose, u may be able to clear a clog by carefully inserting a small brush or something. be prepared to deal with water rushing out. this is the most likely place the drain is blocked. be careful because the drain pan itself is plastic, don't overtighten hose clamp when u put it back together.as far as system not cooling correctly, as long as condensate water is forming, it's definitely trying to work. good luck
christine j

Thank you very much for the information. I will relay this to her tomorrow and maybe she can get it fixed.