Intertherm burner question.

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

I have a MGH-055-ABWL-06 intertherm gas heater. The burner flutters and will go out if the trap door is shut. Just let it hang barely open and it still flutters a bit but works OK. (Checked CO with a detector and its OK, didnt wanna gas myself. LOL) Is there a dampner on this thing to allow a little air into the combustion chamber. I looked and theres no smaller fan on it for that either. I also have a blower that cycles on and off for about 15 seconds intermittently and repeatedly at times. Works right when the burner is going. Just aggrevating, thanks,
Tim
archive

Sounds like you could have a restricted combustion air intake. Look up on the roof to see if anything has landed on or around the chimney. The main burner orifice could also be restricted causing this flutter also. Next is the gas pressure regulator in the gas valve could not be doing its job correctly. In my opinion you should call a professional who has the proper tools and knowledge to fix this problem. It is just to dangerous for you to keep using it the way it is.

hvac1000
archive

Thanks, Its was doing it last year and the gas valve went out. Replaces it towards the end of winter and it still did it. I gotta go on the roof to replace some vent stack boots today, I'll check out the chimney part, may have a birds nest in it.
Tim
archive

Ok just got off the roof. Took the cover off the stack and its clean. There is a dampner way down in there that was closed while the heat was running. Sure thats my problem but how the heck do I get too it? Does it have a heat sensitive spring on it or is it just stuck. Would it be safe to pull the whole stack out of the top and loosen it up?

Tim
archive

A closed damper? I do not know of any damper in a moblie home flue. I wonder if something fell off or out form somewhere and is blocking the flue.Better wait till Robert gets on here. My knowledge is limited on Mobile home specific furnaces because I do not know the model numbers and associated parts.

hvac1000
archive

This a pertfect trap door in the vent stack. It was made in there no doubt. I found a long 1X4 and pushed on it, its stuck. Cant see it from the bottom because of the blower fan. Wonder if it should completely open or be open just a hair?????
Tim
archive

Starting to wonder if your furnace even has the right roof jack. Start with it full open.

Mark