Intertherm unit replacement

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

homebuff

:) Thank's Robert for putting to better explaining for me.
Getting kinda old & slow at understanding instructions, especially those.
Kinda threw me off on the male & female connectors.
I'll give it a shot tonight,
Give me a shout when you locate a limit switch. :wink:
Have a pleasant day. :)
Warming up a bit here now.
Thank's
David
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
homebuff

Robert
Haven't got around to jumping the connectors yet cause my Wife thinks she smell's gas coming from it but I don't.
It run's continously if I leave the thermostat alone & don't lower the temps on it.
That I do not like worried if it might damage the exchanger if it hasn't already done so.
Getting a gas man out to sheck the system first.
Going to buy 2 gas detectors also.
One for each end of the house.
Al I have is 2 smoke alarms.
Should I install one gas detector close to the unit?
Have a great weekend.
David
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
Robert

Hi David,

Install them in any used bedrooms, living room and dining area. Try to circle the furnace area and mainly in bedroom where you sleep.

Install them about one to two feet off the floor in the outlets there .

Been really swamped and Mark and family have been away for a family funeral. Will try and look for a compatible limit when they return around Tuesday. Will need Mark to see what he has in stock

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
homebuff

:( Robert:
Sorry to hear about your family delema.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
When something like that happens, things need to be put on hold for a while.
I know how it can be, I lost my son some months back myself.
All I have left in my family is my Dad.
Hang in there & My Wife & I will pray for you & your family. :wink:

I went by & talked to my friend the commercial HVAC guy & told him about my problem I was having with my unit & he agreed the Limit Switch has to be my problem if the burner is kicking on & it stays running too long without lowering the thermostat to the desired lower temps to shut it down.
He gave me a business card for a mobile home parts dealer in Barling Ark. & I will give them a call on Monday if their open for MLK's birthday & give them the part number for the switch & see also if they have one or can order one.
He said he would drop by soon to find out if it has a gas leak or not & test it with his sniffer tester.
If you like you can put the switch on hold for now & i'll give you a shout back soon to let you know if I can get one through them or not.
Your family is more important than this.
Thank's for your interest.
God Bless
David
Robert

Hi David,

It wasn't my family, it was Mark's family. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
homebuff

:) Ok! I sure will.
Hope you can find me a limit switch as well.
Thank's :wink:
David
Robert

Will look when I get caught up, so backlogged it ain't funny. Just a bad time to try and find a compatible part to replace an obsolete one. :wink:

I will though as soon as I find a hole in the ice to come up for air. :lol:

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

:) That's perfectly fine with me & i'll get back with you when I contact the home repair & parts site in Barling,Ark. as soon as I can get time as well to see if they can supply the limit switch.
Back & forth, so confusing these day's trying to make end's meet.
Got my first refund check & will be purchasing the 3 way fan rocker switch today.
Hope you don't run out of those too.
That's one down.
Heater has been taking a break cause the weather here has warmed up a bit in the 50's & 60's.
It's about time.
Take care & hope everything is going ok with Greg & his family.
Thank's for caring & have a great week. :wink:
David
Robert

Hey David,

Was asking Mark about another customer needing/waiting for a compatible limit switch due to old one being obsolete. His was same style type as yours. Mark said in about a week or so, he should have a new source who is manufacturing those old limits and we should then have them in stock and available.

Will let you know when I know.

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

Sorry! I mean't to say Marks family.
I don't know where I got Greg form.
That's fine about the switch.
Haven't had time to contact the modile home repair & sales in Barling anyway.
Been too busy fixing diesel's.
Have a great one & thank's fr your kind help. :wink:
David
Robert

Hey David,

Mark just bought a box of 128 old Nordyne fan and limit assemblies. What is yours part number and the fan and limit temps again ?

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

:) Hey! Great
Fan switch # is 6262920
Limit temps:L130-15F201475
Fan temps:F110-20F-312675T
At the top of the small switches is says for the limit & Fan:60T02.
Hope this helps.
Thanks'!
Robert

Hi David,

Yours has been replaced with 626235 . Mark only had one of those in the box of assemblies and I sold it before I knew yours had been replaced by that part number.

He will have more in about a week though.

They will be the whole assembly, you can't just replace the switches.

It will be $99.00 + $8.00 shipping if interested.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi David,

Just a FYI in case this is who you are going to contact :

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?clien ... 6219377697

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

:) Yep that's them allright.
Dang! I missed out on that switch.
Haven't had any time to contact them, been so busy at work.
Heater has been working somewhat better not cycling repeatadly.
Can't really trust it, especially the bad weather were going to get Thur's night into Fri. morning.
Ran changing to freezing rain & then snow the day after.
Been staying warm though as long as the furnuce keeps working.
Appreciate you trying to locate me a switch assy.
The one you spoke of, what does it exist of.
Is the other number it changed over to that you gave me in the part's list at your site?
Thank's for helping me out. :wink: