Intertherm Mac 1280 Series Furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

stevenmcflyjr

Our trailer is a 1977 something or other. it has a Intertherm Mac 12870 series furnace. Just today it has for some odd reason sounded like the fan up top (i guess that's the fan behind the big red roundish metal device) isn't turning to move the heat to the vents throughout the trailer?

We are trying to figure out why the furnace itself comes on for about 1 or 2 minutes then shuts off. It was working finew for about 2-3 days & line was cleared of gunk & bled out. Seems like the fan?

How do we know & more importantly, if it IS the fan, seeing as this thing is 30+ years old, where can we get the fan & part(s) for it these days? And for a decent price?
Robert

Hi,

IF the blower doesn't run, the furnace will shut down. I don't have any data on that furnace with me, so can't say if that is what you're referring to.

I can say that parts are no longer available. Sorry.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?