Nordyne E2-EB-015 HA

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Dean33

Hello,
I have a few questions about an electric furnace, Nordyne model E2-015 HA.
I purchased a mobile home with this unit. I only want to hook up the heater at the present time, my problem is the previous owner took all the circuit breakers out of the house when he left. I have replaced all except the ones for the heating unit. The outside A/C unit is not connected and I don't intend to use it .
The heating unit has 60 amp breakers on the bottom of the unit itself. One set is connected to 2 ea. #6 wires and the second is for 2 ea. #10 wires.
My questions are.

1 Are these two sets of wires all that should be coming to the heating unit ?

2 What size breakers do I need for my house breaker box? for the #6 wires and then for the #10 wires?
I am thinking 60 amp for the #6 and 30 amp for the #10.

thanks,
Dean
Robert

Hi,

1- Yes

2- Correct, 60A for #6 and 30A for #10 (Make sure they are over-current breakers).

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dean33

Robert,
I now have heat, much obliged.
Dean
Robert

Hi Dean,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dean33

Hi Robert,
The fan runs at a higher speed on ventilation and a lower speed on heat, is that normal?
thanks again,
Dean
Robert

Hi Dean,

Yes.

Cooling = High speed

Fan ON (Continuous) = High speed

Heating = Low speed or Med. Low depending on furnace

Thanks,
Robert