E1EH-012HA bad problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Darrell Fuller

Hello all, I have a 1998 Redman mobile home with a Intertherm E1EH-012HA furnace. The blower motor runs, but no heat. When I looked at the furnace I noticed a melted part in the furnace and a couple of my wires are blackened. I know nothing about this stuff, but I have 4 children and can't afford to hire a tech to fix the problem and its too cold to not have heat. I have been using electric space heaters and they are starting to cause me lots of problems(over heating my plug ins). I took a picture of the melted part(please forgive my photography skills, lol). I really hope someone can help me out on this because I'm afraid these space heaters are gonna burn my home to the ground this winter. Here is a pic of the bad part in question.......
bad part 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darrell Fuller

Would this be a limit switch....? Like I say "I know nothing about this stuff". Any help is greatly appreciated,
Darrell Fuller

bump......... :mrgreen:
Robert

Hi,

Well I'm almost cross-eyed now from trying to view the pic, but it does ~appear~ to be a limit switch, LOL. :)

That said, it would need replacing as well as the burned wires (if blackened they are burned).

Then the reason for this would need to be determined. The risk of fire is just as great here as with the space heaters.

Although affordability is an issue and I do understand, it is also a situation where you cannot afford to not have a hvac tech look at it.

At least for diagnosis, then maybe can fix yourself, but a wrong diagnosis otherwise could/would endanger you and your kids.

Burnt electrical components and wires comes from overheating somewhere in the circuit and this needs experienced eyes and tools to locate.

Seek the help needed from churches, loacl groups, friends, family, etc and get a thorough and complete diagnosis and then DIY as much as possible for the safety of all.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Darrell Fuller

Thanks Robert, I was afraid you was going to say that...LOL
I guess I'm gonna try to find a used furnace somewhere and just replace it. Thanks again for the advice my friend.

Darrell
Robert

Hi Darrell,

You're very welcome, happy to help. That would be a good alternative if a good used one can be found.

Another option would be to rewire and replace components that could be causing overheating of circuit.

That could be done with some help and a wiring diagram. Electric furnaces don't have much to them, mostly just the wires, sequencers,elements, limits, fan relay and transformer, plus the fuse or breaker assembly.

May could refurbish for price of used replacement unless you get a great deal.

Even then, it would be used whereas this would be new parts.

Something to consider and would be a safe way to reach same end result as well.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mark_whitaker

The Photo in question is a sequencer, the part should look like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

It was a limit, not a sequencer.

Thanks,
Robert