Nordyne Intertherm electric heater/tstat

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kjmorgan

My heater suddenly wouldn't come on yesterday. My question has to do with the thermostat,also. It is a Totaline thermostat(? model). It has cool/heat/eheat(aux). My system is only electric, and the heat has only ever come on when in eheat(aux) mode. Only cold air blows in heat mode. Is this because it is the wrong thermostat for an electric-only heater? Once I know this answer, then I can address the other problem. Thanks.
Robert

Hi,

Do you have a heat pump a/c unit outside ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kjmorgan

NO.
Robert

Hi,

Your t-stat is for a heat pump system. Get a t-stat for electric furnace .

I recommend Honeywell, White-Rodgers or Rite-Temp t-stats with Honeywell being top of list.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kjmorgan

Thanks!! By the way, the problem with it suddenly going off was the relay switch. I got a tech out to fix it.
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help and glad you got it fixed. The correct t-stat will solve the only working in eheat(aux.) mode problem.

eheat(aux.) is emergency heat/auxiliary heat which is back up mode for heat pumps.

Thanks,
Robert