nordyne single package hp

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mooseye

I want to test this unit before I buy or install it. It is used and dose not have a thermostat. It also does not have a name plate or sticker that is legable. The control circuit has nordyne printed on it.
This is a self contained unit that has an intake and output duct. It has two seperate power supply leads. Do I have to have power to both of these to test the heat pump portion? Someone mentioned that one of the supplies might be for the auxilary heat coils.
I know this is not much to go on but it is about all I have right now.
Robert

Hi,

Two lines, 120vac EACH to ground, 240VAC across them.

That is for the compressor, cond. fan, furnace blower and the heating coils.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mooseye

Sorry,guess I didn't phrase that right. There are two sets of leads. Each has a black a white and a bare. One set connects to a small breaker box and the other is just a bare end.
Robert wrote:Hi,

Two lines, 120vac EACH to ground, 240VAC across them.

That is for the compressor, cond. fan, furnace blower and the heating coils.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi,

Explain/clarify "other is just a bare end". The bare wire is the ground wire. IF it is for 240vac, then the black and white will be 120vac power wires.

IF it is for 120vac, black is 120vac power wire and white is neutral back to breaker.

You should have two wires and bare ground coming into wall disconnect. Then same from disconnect to unit.

Be sure it is correct wire gauge also.

May be best to call an hvac tech out for safety reasons.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mooseye

Okay, there are two seperate supply lines coming into the heat pump
Each one has three wires. One black, one white and one bare ground wire. One set is connected to a small breaker box that is still on the end of the wire and is connected inside the heat pump. The other is connected inside the heat pump and is just a raw end of wire on the other end.
I only have one 240v supply available. Can I connect both of the sets from the unit to the one supply?
Robert wrote:Hi,

Explain/clarify "other is just a bare end". The bare wire is the ground wire. IF it is for 240vac, then the black and white will be 120vac power wires.

IF it is for 120vac, black is 120vac power wire and white is neutral back to breaker.

You should have two wires and bare ground coming into wall disconnect. Then same from disconnect to unit.

Be sure it is correct wire gauge also.

May be best to call an hvac tech out for safety reasons.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi,

Where is the wires inside the hp with the raw end connected at ? Sounds like one set brings power to the box inside the hp and the 2nd one disconnected is the feed to the components.

See if you have 3 wires going to compressor, 3 or 4 to each motor (cond. fan and blower motor) and wires to each element coil.

You will only have one power feed to the hp, but could have another from there branching out to each component.

I would let an hvac tech look at it due to a wrong wire miscue could prove costly in damage to unit.

Thanks,
Robert