new contactor

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

SKnss

we recieved the contactor still isnt working properly also when T stat is on auto it kicks on and off every few seconds but when we turn T stat to on it stays on is the T stat the problem or is it something else the.(furnace is a Nordyne E2EB-012HB) Thanks Shelly
Robert

Hi Shelly,

Just getting this, let me check on some things and will be back in a few.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi Shelly,

With a new contactor not resolving it, will most likely be one of the two relays. The two relays and the contactor are the components in the circuit along with the t-stat.

The contactor and the two relays are the usual culprits, sometimes one only and sometimes more than one.

Relay # 621898 and 621899 can both be seen and ordered through Paypal from this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

The only way to know for certain though is to test the complete circuit with a meter until fault is found.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
SKnss

Thanks Robert I will get that ordered I think we will order both and hopefully this will take care of it.This website is awsome!!! Not to many people will help others out without charging them an arm and leg.Thanks so much again Shelly
Robert

Hi Shelly,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Here in the forums and in private emails, what is free or not depends on what is needed or how in depth the questions are.

When I do charge a fee, it is $20.00 for a 1 hour email session.

Unlike the other forums here, the four hvac forums are actually part of my employment income.

So I have to base my time accordingly.

If you click on hvac in the blue toolbar above, then click on articles when it changes to green, you'll find several free and helpful articles on hvac info.

Hopefully this takes care of it.

Thanks,
Robert