FEH-015HA Heater coil problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tiso_us

This is my first time posting. I have a Nordyne FEH-015H that I'm upgrading from a 012H Model, I'm also using a Honeywell T-Stat and a vary old one at that. Here's my problem, When I first hooked the FEH-015H up, the fan ran constant, elements and T-Stat worked fine, the blower however, would not shut down.

Day Two, decided to replace the Sequencer with another one. This time the blower shuts off with a sudden stop and the elements comes on ?????!. The Sequencer was from the old furnace (012H) which I know was working fine when i removed it. When I hooked the sequencer up, I noticed one of the hot black wires was wrong, instead of it being on the M4, it was on the bottom copper color lead, I then took it off and put it on M4.

A few little notes though, when i got the 015H unit, I would put the T-Stat on 60 degrees and put it on "Auto", the blower works but no heat. put it on 80 degrees and on "auto", I got heat but blower continues even after coils shuts down.

Also, on the sequencer, my wire diagram does not call for a wire lead across the bottom on one side, should i cut this wire, its been soldered in place?.

Thank you in advance.[/b]
Robert

Hi,

Do you have a/c or just heat ?

Bottom brass terminals are coil terminals. You'll either need the jumper or have low voltage wires from transformer connect to both sets on one side.

This could be a faulty sequencer, t-stat, blower relay if you have a/c or faulty Limits.

Did you upgrade the Limits also ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tiso_us

Thanks Robert for the reply. Actually its a 'H' only according to the wiring diagram. the blower has 'HA' on it, of course i don't have AC with this unit.

the unit already had Limit switches in it so i just left it alone. I will attempt to test these tomorrow using a multimeter.

and thanks again for the reply.
tiso_us

OK, OHMS testing the Limits resulted in 000 with beeping.

The T-Stat was replaced with new one.

Tested the OHMS on Sequencers from M1-M2 = nothing.

Tested the OHMS on Sequencers from M3-M4 = nothing.

Tested the OHMS on Sequencers from M5-M6 = nothing.

Tested the OHMS on 24V one was 074 resistance and the other was 086.

Voltage testing will be later tonight due to grandkids.

I suspect the Sequencer being faulty, at one time today, the furnace kicked on by itself but did not kick off, nonetheless it did kick on and with a little heat.
Robert

Are the Limits from the 012 or did they come with the 015 ?

The Limits for the two furnaces are different.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tiso_us

Robert, I found the problem and fixed it.......when you said limits on your last post, I began to trace the orange wire from the motor and there it was......the wire diagram said to run the orange wire to the fuse box, I took this orange wire and put it on the no.1 limit switch, now I have heat and blower working fine with t-Stat.

That just goes to show you can not always go by the wire diagram.

Thank you for the help, God bless. :D
Robert

You're very welcome. The wiring diagrams are almost always right, it's the colors that change and modifications and/or non OEM components that can throw it off.

Take care and best wishes,
robert