need parts for intertherm

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rickbrk

i tested all the parts as you posted earlier several times just to make sure and all voltages tested ok .
thanks
rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

Is the motor getting the full voltage at the motor leads connections ?

You replaced all the parts and state all tests are showing correct voltage.

You also stated motor is good.

If all wiring is correct, all tests correct and motor is good, it should run.

ONLY thing left is at the molex connector plug or whatever is used on your furnace to connect wiring to the motor leads.

OR a bad run capacitor.

However, if either was bad, how would you know motor is good.

Everything else is eliminated with the tests I gave you.

Something has been missed or overlooked.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rickbrk

Well I came up with Switching the 4 and 6 terminal wires on the blower relay that go to the motor, yellow wire on 6 and black on 4 according to the wiring diagram. So I put yellow wire on 4 and black wire on 6 and now furnace works only thing wrong now is Fan will not come on when switch at T-Stat is turned to ON. I can hear the relay clicking but Fan doesn't come on. Any thoughts on that? Other than that it works great.
Thanks
Rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

Colors of wires can change and be different, so can't totally rely on that.

Wire exactly as diagram shows, but in case colors are different, look at where it shows the wires going to and coming from.

Switching wires and not wiring as designed can easily burn up the low voltage circuit and bring forth costly repairs.

All the tests I gave will tell you exactly what is wrong if done as stated and correctly.

Can't help any further than that. I've been in the HVAC service industry for 28+ years, the tests are correct way to find problem.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rickbrk

Hi Robert,

Well, after fiddling with this furnace the past few days, I replaced the T-Stat and that seems do have done the trick furnace works great now it is all wired per the diagram and all works. BUT :D there is one small thing it does not. I installed a new Honeywell Digital Non Programable T-Stat. when I call for heat the blower comes on right away and elements start to heat. After it reaches temp. the blower shuts off but the elements will cycle or heat up one more time till the limit switch cuts if off. After that they stay off. like they should. during the last short cycle of the element the blower does not come on they just heat till the limit shut them off them stay off. Isn't the blower supposed to stay on for a sec. after temp is reached to cool the elements off then cut off? Is there a way to adjust this?

Thanks
Rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

The sequencer controls all of that. It will bring them on 1-2-3 and cut them off 3-2-1 .

After the last energized element shuts off, the blower cools to designed temp, then blower shuts off.

If you replaced the sequencer and wired all correctly by diagram, it should not be doing that.

You can recheck everything or call a Tech to look at it.

Make sure t-stat is wired correctly also.

Thanks,
Robert
rickbrk

The T-Stat wiring seems correct.
diagram for it is Rh going to 24v on transformer and jmpd to RC.
W to heat relay, wich at molex white is jumped and one wire goes to H on 1 sequencer and the other to H on 2nd sequencer.
Y goes to COOL RELAY wich the wire goes to outside ac unit.
and G goes to FAN RELAY wich goes to 1 on fan relay. So all that seems right to me. Check all wires against diagram for furnace all correct . but I did all the voltage test you showed me and came up with this all are good EXEPT: on RELAY I get
1 & 3 = 0 vac WITH call for heat
5 & 6 = 120 vac WITH call for heat 0vac not call for heat
2 & 4 = 0vac WITH call for heat 240vac without call for heat.

I tried a different relay, got same results.
rickbrk

On the blower motor there is a orange wire that goes to the 2pole limit. a black wire to the relay on 4 and a yellow wire going to relay on 6. when I pull the black wire and test it to ground I get 120vac out of it is that supposed to do that?

Thanks
Rick
rickbrk

I got the motor wires figured out the rest just doesn't make sence it's wired right just doesn't work right maybe I got the wrong parts or wrong wiring diagram I ordered who knows but thanks for all your help on it this far but I give up can't afford to have a tech come out so I'm just gonna shut it down and do without.
Robert

Hi Rick,

Answer these questions please:

1- Do you have a 5 wire a/c control box ?

2- Does your t-stat wires go to a control box with terminal board on top ?

3- Explain the cool and heat relay you refer to.

4- Do you have only one transformer ?

IF you have a 4-5 wire t-stat, then you have to wire for 4-5 wire system.

In doing so, you will not need, nor should you have a cool or heat relay.

The readings you're getting are wrong and I believe some wiring is as well.

Give me a list of what parts and what diagram you ordered if ordered from us.

Thanks,
Robert
rickbrk

Hi Robert,

1. No, it's a 4 wire system.

2. No, to a molex then wires just go the the different parts.

3. that is what the T-stat wiring diagram reffers to

rh-rc are red wire to transformer. it says rh/rc jumper must be used in 4 wire system if you wish to use the mode selector switch for the fan.

w = white wire, goes to molex and is jumped to a blue wire and a white in furnace. white goes to H on blower sequencer and blue goes to H on aux. sequencer.

Y= yellow wire goes to the AC condencer unit outside.

G=green wire goes to relay on post 1

you can see fron wiring diagram on 1st page of these posts.

4. yes only one transformer.

I ordered all parts from you and got all parts for an intertherm they shoulb be right but the wiring diagram ordered was sent a E2EB-015ha i have a E1EB-015ha but I think they should be the same.

Thanks
RIck
Robert

Hi Rick,

Let me look everything over for a day or two and see if I can help further, hate seeing anyone do without heat or a/c.

Thanks,
Robert
rickbrk

Thanks Robert , that would be great it is starting to get cold down here is San Antonio TX.

Does the T-Stat seem to be wired correctly?

Thanks
Rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

I am semi-retired with health issues which reared up on me last 2 days. Spent all day yesterday at docs and hospital.

Will look over today and see how it looks.

Thanks,
Robert
rickbrk

I replaced the new digital tstat with a new non digital tstat and still got same problem also gutted ALL the wiring and replaced with all new wire and connectors still same problem. After heat is on and tstat is satified blower cuts off and BOTTOM ELEMENT ONLY comes on heats up without blower till limit cuts it off then it stays off till tstat kicks heat on again. Buy just being the bottom element that does this, does that help in pointing at what to look at? How would the Aux. sequence still get power after the tstat cuts off?

THanks