E2EB-015HA cycles too frequently

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

On my electric furnace fan is running with heat when temp in home is at say 71 degress furnace shuts off but restarts after just 1 to 1 and a half minutes expecially at night any suggestions.

The furnace is a nordyne model # E2EB-015HA Also last night it was around 20 degress here in kansas city it was running keeping the home warm at 71 degress it would turn of and within 30 secounds com right back on but in day time its doing alright but i got my electric bill yesterday and it was almost coubled from last year.

Also i forgot i installed one of those energy efficient digital thermostat this summer could that have any thing to do with it it came from a home with a gas furnace?

Randy
archive

Hi,

Did you keep the old t-stat and do you have an electrical meter ?

Do you what/where the Sequencer is located at in your furnace ?

Thanks,
Robert
archive

Have no ideal where the sequencer is as to the thermostat was tossed it was broke when moving in a dresser but duing like today it is cycling alot longer of course its sunny out.

Randy
archive

Hi,

Turn power to furnace OFF, remove bottom door panel and then remove controls cover(s).

Look at below link to see your Sequencer # 621679 @ $35 +

$6 shipping if needed.

If you have a meter, turn power back on, set t-stat to Heat/Auto/85* for testing.

At Sequencer, test across the bottom brass terminals, H1/H2 for 24-28vac.

IF you have that (24-28vac), then test across M1/M2 for 240vac After 1.5 minutes. You should read 0 vac for entire cycle.

IF Blower ever shuts off , test all above again immediately.

IF H1/H2 is still reading 24-28vac OR the elements are still on and M1/M2 is now reading 240vac and blower off, the sequencer is bad.

It can be ordered if needed at the link below by adding to cart.

The t-stat is probably ok, to check you would need to check model number for compatible systems.

Thanks,
Robert

Link: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html