nordyne m1m

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jmw5555

furnace is about 7 yrs old. problem is when the blower kicks on in heat mode it runs very sluggish but when i turn it to ventalate the moter kicks on and runs great. i know that it is a voltage issue cause when i turn the coffee pot on it draws the moter down. im gonna replace the capacitor today so not sure it will do anything but it is a cheap place to start. if anybody has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it. thanks
jmw5555

well that didnt fix the problem
Robert

Hi,

Your furnace should be on a dedicated circuit by itself. If it is not, that is one problem area.

You would need to know what voltage it is getting and what amp draw it is pulling to know or have idea of problem area.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
jmw5555

the furnace is on its own 15 amp breaker i dont know what it is drawing for amps will have to check that today. there is a black box mounted to the furnace right next to the circuit board, is this a transformer? and i wonder if they get week that seems to get pretty warm in operation
Robert

What is your furnace complete model number ?

This is your Transformer:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/i ... 621807.jpg

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jmw5555

the whole number is m1mb 056a bw ok thanks i thought that was the transformer. do they get weak and if so would that cause the blower fan to be sluggish while operating in heat mode?
Robert

Hi,

The transformer supplies your low voltage circuit to operate t-stat and relays and such.

It has no impact on voltage supplied to blower motor itself.

To know what the motor is or isn't doing, you would need to measure the voltage supplied to it when it seems sluggish.

Also, you would need an amp draw reading at this time.

Does the motor only do this in Heat Mode ?

Does it have oil ports or is it self lubricated ?

May be time to have a Tech look at it.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jmw5555

robert ty for the reply not sur of voltage but the whole furnace is pulling about 4.5 amps funny thing is when i had the amp gage on it the stupid thing wouldnt act up it is a self oiler and yes it only does it in heat mode i know my way around these things pretty well but this has got me stumped and driving me nuts
Robert

Hi,

You will have to test the voltage going to the Motor and the amp draw of the motor only when it does this to have an idea of problem.

Could be a voltage drop intermittantly, could be the Motor going bad.

Also test voltage and amp draw when it is working fine to have a comparison.

Also, be sure it is getting proper return airflow.

Thanks,
Robert