E2EB - 015HB Element help

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Hank_322

NORDYNE E2EB - 015HB Serial Number: E2E01 1007067
My furnace quit putting out heat four years ago and I found one of the elements had burned out.
At that time I had two elements,one being a double element and the other a single element with
jumper wires going between them.My mistake was not taking a pic of the wires at that time.A man fixed it but he changed everything and replaced the double elements with a single and not the correct type I don't believe.He put a plate to cover where the other element went and I have no idea what he did with the jumper wires.I believe there was a red and a black jumper wire.
Can you tell me what element or elements my furnace needs so I can fix it properly ?.
Thank you
Hank_322
DaleM

This is a tough one. Another tech was in there and made some changes to the unit. Wiring may be missing. I can look up the model and get you the right part numbers for both elements but wiring them in could be challenging.
Hank_322

Dale,I would appreciate your help in getting the right part numbers. I have been busy and a man told me the heat kits that actually go in there are 6 kw each not 5 kw.By putting in 3 heating elements I would have 18 kw not 15. I know my furnace is rated at 15 kw but maybe it takes a little higher rated element due to voltage drop ?. I'm not fixing this myself and if it wasn't for the AC sitting on top I would upgrade to a newer heater.
Any help in getting the right elements would be a great help and I would greatly appreciate it.
Hank_322
DaleM

Hank, the part numbers I find are Nordyne pt# 902818, that is the upper 5KW element, and Nordyne pt# 902821, that is the lower 10KW element. Hope that helps you out.
Hank_322

Dale, That is the configuration I remember my furnace was when the element burnt out a long time ago.It was the bottom double element that burned out and I thought I had taken pics of the wiring on the elements but I cant find them if I did.
Thank you for those numbers.I need to call and order those elements soon.
Hank
DaleM

Hank there are wiring diagrams online. just do a bit of searching and they will show up.