Model 7680B856 replacment.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Lifted79chevy350

Hey guys I have an original coleman presidentual Model 7680B856 furnace. Im looking to update come tax time and was wondering if anyone could help me. Im not scared to tackle any task so I will be installing it myself but can anyone suggest some furnaces that will work? What am i looking for when buying a furnace? Thanks in advance.
My mind never stops working.
DaleM

The model designation 7680 shows that it is a 7600 series model with 80,000 btu input. Since the 80,000 isn't available anymore you should look for a 77,000 btu unit. I like Nordyne's M1 series furnaces. We sell Nordynes exclusively. Of course if you are looking for a more efficient furnace you could opt for either the Nordyne M3 or M7 gas furnace. Your current unit is less than 80% efficient because it is a pilot model furnace. These are no longer available The M3 is rated at 90+ and the M7 higher yet. Coleman does make a fine furnace but I have run into too many little things with their units through the years that, as a contractor, I cannot put my full faith in them.

Whatever you end up putting in you will also have to install a new matching roof jack. Your supplier will be able to get you the correct one.
Lifted79chevy350

Well called around today and places will sell me a furnace. But its as is no warranty cause im not HVAC certified. but I have an Hvac Guy that will help me with the install the unit. are all places this way?
DaleM

No. Unit is warranted by manufacturer. If you do have a problem and call a service company that does warranty work for that brand you do run the risk of having to pay for the repair if it is found that it was caused by installer error.
Lifted79chevy350

OK they quoted me 3200 for a nordyne m1 installed. Does this price seem right? I also offered to pull the ond one out so all they had to do was install the New one and put in a new roof jack. They said that would save me 50.00.
DaleM

Prices are different everywhere based on a companies costs. If you have an air conditioner that has to have refrigerant recovered, removed and reinstalled your price probably isn't too bad. A little higher than what I charge for an M1 installed but then I am not in Wyoming.