furnace help

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cwaymire1

I have a coleman furnace model # DGATO568DF serial # 981038860.. It blinks 3 times which says the combustion switch failed to close. I have had a hvac guy here and he replaced the I.D motor on it, cost $ 250.00.. Needless to say it didn't fix the problem. So i had a different company come out and they replaced the computer board, $ 350.00.. It still didn't fix the problem. It only works when it wants too. The hvac guys are totally clueless to what the problem is. I can't afford for them to just replace things until they find the problem. Do you have any suggestions on what we can look at ? Thanks
DaleM

There is a pressure switch that has rubber tubes that go to the combustion motor. Switch the tubes at the switch first. If that doesn't get you going pull one tube off the motor then suck and blow VERY LIGHTLY on it a few times. This will activate the switch. Put tube back in place and try furnace.