Heater is blowing cool air

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rowdyroosters

I recently purchased a mobile home that has a coleman furnace model DGAA070BDTB. The previous owners lived there a little over 2 years and never used it. When the guy came from the gas company to turn the natural gas on he told me the furnace was pretty new.

We turned it on and there is a flame and the blower works but the air doesn't seem to be warming up. It hasn't been real cold yet so I'm not sure if it is cold air or just not heating the air up all the way. We ran it the other day when it was in the high fifties/low sixties and it ran for several hours and shut off. The thermostat (which is digital) said it was 60 inside.

My husband said the flame is blue instead of orange but I didn't know if that would make a difference.

I haven't moved in yet as we are remodeling the bathroom but it will be done soon so I need the furnace working soon.

I was hoping for some suggestions as to what parts might need looked at.
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

For starters I would look at the burner assembly and see if anything is partially blocking the main burner orifice. If it's clear, then do some pressure checks on the gas valve. Might want to call someone out for that one.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!