EB23b

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

alhaskell

Hi, last year i had an issue with the sequincer, which on yur reccomendation i replaced, it did help out. with the issues of fan not starting, however, it didn't really improve the heat output of the unit, it does heat the home, but the fan runs for at least an hour or longer, with gently warmed air, so my question is , if the unit was shutting down during the sequencer issue, (elements got over heated ) would it or could it have burned out the elements or damged them to only put out lower heat?

I mean it works sorta fine, but it was always so hot you couldn[t touch the register in bare feet, would light up your soul.. now you have to touch and hold it to see if its even on. But the startup, and the fan work great.LOL so we have solved half the issue, more suggestions please.

thanks in advance
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

You can check the continuity of the elements with a meter. Shut off the power and remove the wires. If you don't have a meter, then shut off the power, remove the wires and pull out the heating elements. Do a visual inspection for broken wires.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!