DGAT090BDD centrifugal switch problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

fixitbobby

Hello, thanks in advance for any help,
Last night i tried to turn on the heat for the first time, got the "centrifugal switch stuck closed" code (2 flashes). After making sure the booster fan motor and switch was free, tried again and smae error code. I could push up on the cap on the end of the shaft of the booser fan that contacts the switch, and get it started, but after about a minute, the unit would cutoff giving an error of "centrifugal switch stuck open" (3 flashes). I took the switch out and confirmed it is making and breaking contact, but it's physical operation seems reversed from what the circuit board is calling for (closed when not spinning, open when spinning). So this morning, i bought a new blower motor and installed, but got the same result. No starting with an error code 2. I swapped the circuit board with one i had bouoght before to solve a different problem, but the same error code 2. Is there something else wired in line with the centrifugal swith that could cause this? The furnace worked fine last winter....