Coleman DGAA070BDTA pressure switch

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

starglitter

Hello,
I have a coleman that almost every year we have had to replace the pressure switch. I just went and bought a new one and it still isnt working. I will turn the thermasoat on and i hear a whinning noise but no blower or nothing like that then after about a minute it flashes 3 times.. Telling me the combustion air switch failed to close. I dont know what else to do?
Bill

Hi and welcome
The first thing that comes to mind when you say that you have to replace your combustion air switch every year is that you have a bigger problem than a bad switch. The job of the switch is to make sure that your flue gases are going out the house. If your switch does not make it could be a problem with your heat exchanger. I hope this is not the problem since it seams to work after you get a new switch. Some thing else to look at is your hose on the switch is the hose in good shape and no cracks in the hose. That will also not let the switch work. Let me know if this helps
Thanks
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
starglitter

Bill,
We had a company come out and they said it is the inducer motor but the cost for the part is ispensive. They want over 300 just for the part.
Bill

HI,
http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... oster-assy
is this the same booster that you have? and if so look at the cost difference
Thanks
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
JinLuis

Hi,

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have about the same issue as Starglitter. (If I need to start a new thread, let me know).

This spring I replaced my pressure switch after problems and problems, (all thanks to reading threads in here, thanks guys!), and I had no more issues going on into May, when we finally shut off the furnace for the summer.

Started getting a little nippy this month, so to test it out before it started getting too cold, I turn on the heat, only to find that nothing turns. I hear power running (that hum of electricity), but nothing happens. Confused, I call a tech, and he immediately finds out that the inducer motor has failed me. Gives me a choice of repairing (which will cost close to three to four hundred dollars depending on the work), or since I seem to know how to tinker, replace it myself and save a good amount, as all it is is four screws, pull it out and replace. I say sure, I'll give it a shot.

Come to my surprise, that it's not just "pull out" and call it a day. My inducer motor, or booster assembly as I'm seeing here, looks identical to what you just linked to, Bill. I read that sometimes the motor can halt if there's a lot of moisture for corrosion, so I tried unscrewing the motor what I could and gave it a couple of spins - or rather, slowly ran my finger to spin the blade 1/3rd of the way since I had my hand in that little hole. Put it back together, and hey, it started spinning! ... and then it shuts off, giving me the three-lights "switch failed to close".

Argh! I felt like I had this. Would this then, in turn, be another bad switch - it's not even a year old! Should I just outright replace the booster assembly - furnace in general is from 2006, so I'm surprised that needs replacing. If it does need replacing, reading this, http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/i ... 01-820.pdf , it seems really easy, but I do have a few questions as to where and how the combustion box, air tube, and booster assembly come apart from eachother when at first glance, everything looks like it's welded together.

Any feedback at all is appreciated!

Luis
JinLuis

Never mind, I'm dumb. I routed the hoses to the switch incorrectly after I put everything back together. Got this baby running!