Coleman Split System

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

slider28

I have a Coleman 7956-856. The Heat side works like a champ! the AC however, acts up.
to get the AC on I can either flip the t-stat all the was from cold to hot over and over. If that doesnt work, then I have to remove the filter cover and on the top of the unit where the COOL/HEAT switch is, all the way to the right of that panel, if it knock it with my fist ( Like Fonzie) It will come on. This is a pain, becasue when it cycles and im not here it sometimes doesnt come back on.. Can someone tell me what relay is behind that panel that can be causing this problem??

Thanks Guys!
Chaz.
P.S. When I say teh AC side doesnt come on and i have to hit that panel, I mean NOTHING comes on compressor, outside fan or inside fan.
Bill

Hi, Chaz
Sorry about the taking so long to get back to you. What I think is going on with your furnace is the fan booster is not working right. Here is a great link for a new relay, the web page also has a great video of how a relay works.
http://www.hvacpartstore.com/2426.html
I hope this helps you out.
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
slider28

Would that one relay cause the outside unit also not to come on?

One of the guys here at work said it was probably this relay PN# 6313-2281
but Ide rather ask you all since your the experts..

Thanks again!
Chaz.
Bill

Hi, Chaz
I am not sure where you got that part number( 6313-2281). But what I can tell you is that i pulled the part number that i gave you from the owners manual for your furnace. Yes if the relay is not working right it will not allow the system to turn on. If you do get that relay from the web page I sent you i would send in the old relay and have them test it. They can tell if the relay in not working. If it is working they will send it back and then help get the right part.
Thanks
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
slider28

COOL!!! Thanks a MILLION!!!!! Will do!!

Chaz.