coleman/evcon DGAT 070BDC Blower wont come on

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jalm

A few days ago my blower would not turn off. I flipped the breaker off then on and it stopped. I didnt need AC again til today. Now the outside unit comes on but the blower doesnt. It clicks every 10 seconds or so pretty hard at the control board. The fan blades also barley twitch, Almost un noticable when it does it. I have spun the blades while its clicking and it doesnt affect it at all.
Bill

Hi,
Does the blower not work when the thermostat is calling for heat? Or does it not work only when the thermostat is calling for the a/c to turn on? This will help to figure out what is going on. Thanks Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
jalm

When the thermostat clicks the heat on , the furnace gives a click also at the same time, But there is no reaction after that, no lighting up, no combustion air, just silence. The heat was on the day it didnt stop running and I turned it off with the breaker. When I switch it too AC the outside unit comes on instantly and the switch board area on the furnace hard clicks every 15 seconds or so from the circuit board area. Also when fan is in the "on" position. When it clicks loudly the green light flashes off with it for a split second.
Bill

Hi,
First thing I would like to try is resetting the Manual reset limit switch. It is located in the upper 1/3 of the furnace and is to the left of the blower. See if you can reset the switch and if that fixes things.
Bill
jalm

The red button wouldnt push in, too be sure i took the two wires off and hooked them together to elimante the reset switch, and no change in its behavior.
Bill

Hi,
It sounds to me like its the circuit board is just not working right. Here is a link where you can get a new one. They will also test the old one for you to make sure that is what is wrong.
http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... ion-module
Bill
jalm

Ok, I sent the board into repair. Now I have a new problem. I took detailed pictures with my Iphone of what colored wires went where. It would have been easy to put it back like it was, yesterday my Iphone broke and I got a new phone and lost the pictures, Now I have no way to know what went where!
jalm

UPDATE ,, My board was declared unfixable, got a new one shipped here very quick, I found a wiring schematic for the DGAT furnace online, Got it hooked up and the air works, Thanks.