Turning off the Coleman Blend Air system

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

I know the importance of the Blend-Air system but the 4 hours on/4 hours off really hampers sleeping at night. I do know how to synchronize the system so that at least the first 4 hours of sleeping are noise free. (Note: the system is relatively quiet but that low hum sound really bugs me). But when it turns on – it wakes me up.

I am looking for a way to cleanly bypass the system at night to turn it off for the eight hours at night. Is their a new ‘control box’ that allows you to set that timing? Or some other means to do this?

Also, all the pictures I have seen show the control box on the furnace with the two switches on top of the control box. My system has the switches on the bottom of the control box. Do I have a newer or older version of the Blend-air system?

Thanks in advance for any comments received.

Marko
archive

Hi,

Go to below link first and be sure all is operating as designed.

It needs to remain on the 4 on and 4 off cycle.

IF all is ok and the noise is that bothersome, I would just turn it off at night.

Thanks,
Robert

Link: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ArticleBlendAir.html
archive

Thanks Robert...

I read the article but it did not help. I totally agree that the system has to run but I personally feel that it can miss one "on" cycle a day.

I do know how to turn it off - just that there are several steps (circuit breakers and alarm switch) to accomplish the task. I was hoping that maybe somebody would have develop a "clean" way to do this. For example, installing a special switch somewhere, and external programmable timer, or similar fix.

Can a customer like me get the schematics for the system?

Anyway, thanks again.
archive

Hi,

Nothing is out there explicitly for this task, however, it could probably be accomplished.

Write Mark at [email protected] and see if he has a wiring diagram in our stock.

We offer wiring/parts diagrams for sale IF it's available.

Just be sure to make sure it's back on each day.

Also as a note on this, most insurance companies and manufacturer waranties will void any claims IF system not operable as designed.

Hope you get it taken care of.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
archive

Your blend-air system may have its own breaker in the fuse box. If you choose to shut it off at night, be sure that the breaker only shuts off the blend-air system, and not other things too like the furnace.

Otherwise there's no way of shutting it off without physically adding a switch within the wiring. If that happens, you'll then need to shut the alarm off on the control box.

Again, shutting it off is not recommended. If it's humming that loud, have it inspected.

Mark